Plate coating

Guest sarah

Hi Mabtech, 

Have you tested how long the antibody-coated plates last for? Do you know if they would last up to 2-3 days/longer if kept in at 4oC, rather than just overnight? I need to do experiments that can be delayed (at short notice) up to a few days as it depends whether or not samples can arrive on specific days. Therefore, sometimes I will need to plate the capture antibodies 2-3 days in advance so I'm hoping that this won't affect the FluoroSpot assay?

Thank you,

Sarah

Hey Sarah,

Yes, I have done this many times without any problems. One thing to consider is that the antibody coating solution inside of the wells will start to evaporate even when kept in a cold room with the lid on. So one can wrap the plate in Parafilm to minimize evaporation. 

Otherwise all liquid could evaporate and leave the membrane exposed to air. Not good. 

Also, any contaminant that entered into the plate during the plate coating process would get extra time to "grow". So be sure to etoh activate and add capture antibody in sterile conditions. But that is a given ofcourse. 

• 2 years later...
Guest Guest

We are using the FluoroSpot Path: Human IFN-g/IL-2 (SARS-CoV-2, S1scan+SNMO). The un-opened pre-coated plate was left in the box with the all other reagents, except the peptide pools, at 4-8C for 5 days by mistake. Is the plate still good to use?

1 minute ago, Guest Guest said:

We are using the FluoroSpot Path: Human IFN-g/IL-2 (SARS-CoV-2, S1scan+SNMO). The un-opened pre-coated plate was left in the box with the all other reagents, except the peptide pools, at 4-8C for 5 days by mistake. Is the plate still good to use?

Yes, should not be a problem. Take the plates out (keep them in aluminium coloured container) and let the unopened plates adjust to room temp before starting your next experiment. 

Guest Kristina

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.