Antibody MT57 (anti-IgA antibody, product number 3860-3-250)

Guest Joseph Rubin

Guest Joseph Rubin

Hello,

I have an MT57 antibody (product number 3860-3-250) and would like to label it with a fluorescent dye excited by a 488 nm laser and store it in a -80 freezer.  I have two questions:

1.  I will likely run a buffer exchange.  What do you recommend using for the storage buffer?  Must it be stored in PBS?  Would 10 mM Hepes buffer with 0.1 mM Calcium Chloride with pH 7.5-8 work?

2.  Does MT57 contain enough Lysine groups to conjugate it to Alexa 488 NHS Ester?

Thanks!3860-3-250.pdf

Joseph Rubin

Hi Joseph, 

It should in principle be possible to label MT57 with Alexa488 using NHS ester. However, we have not opted for this route in the human IgA sandwhich system used in fluorospot. In our FluoroSpot Flex system for human IgA we use MT57 as the capture antibody and MT20 as the detection antibody conjugated with a 490 Fluorophore. 

https://www.mabtech.com/products/flex/X-06G-1

Regarding storage in different buffers I do not know. Will check with our production unit next week when we are back from easter holiday. With pretty high likelihood, we will not know if this antibody works in your buffer since we have not tried it ourselves. Much in biotech is about trial and error.  

You could maybe try our MT20-490 conjugate?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.