Plate incubation

Guest Guest

Guest Guest

Hello,

We are wondering if we can incubate PBMCs with our stimulus on the fluorospot plate for 6 or 7 days instead of the recommended time for each analyte or if there are any contraindications. 

Hello there,

We do not have experience incubating PBMC within the ELISpot/FluoroSpot plate for 6-7 days. I know this can be found in the litterature, but my suspicion is that results might come out rather weird. 

My suggestion would instead be to do "cultured ELISpot/FluoroSpot" using a cell culture plate. Pre-incubate the plates for 6-15 days in this cell culture plate with or without antigen and feed the culture IL-2 at certain days. Then, wash cells extensively and do an overnight incubation in the FluoroSpot plate at the end. 

I attach a PPT where we show this setup for ELISpot and how it compares to results generated using a direct ELISpot. As you can see, backgrounds go up but antigen specific responses are greatly improved. By lowering the cell number you achieve a much greater signal-to-noise for these antigens. A similar setup is certainly possible in FluoroSpot!

Cultured IFNg ELISpot protocol.pptx

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.