How long stable is the SFC on plate membrane after air-dry

mKim

I have measured the IFNg using ELISpot after overnight air-dry. However, the device will be replaced and  I have to prove the equivalence of the results between the old and a new device.

If it is long stability of the spots on the plate membrane experimented 1 or 2 weeks ago, I would like to keep the membrane at dark(RT) and I measure it again using the new device.

Could you give the information of the stability of the signal on dried membrane or advice for bioequivalence test by the change of device?  

Thank you in advance!  

Dear mKim,

At Mabtech we sell two enzymatic systems for ELISpot: HRP and ALP

ALP in combination with our BCIP/NBT Plus substrate generate spots that are incredibly resilient. No problem having it in the drawer for 2 weeks to validate a new reader. Keep the lid on to protect the wells from getting hair and dust on the membrane. 

By contrast, HRP spots do degrade over time. The level of degradation depends on how strong and big spots are from the beginning, but in two weeks there can be a some minimal loss of faint spots. After 2-3 months there is clear degradation. Furthermore, HRP spots can be affected by some tap-water, turning yellow post development. As a result, I always prefer ALP over HRP. 

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.