TMB used in B cell ELISpot development (3825-2H)

Guest Mason

Guest Mason

Hello,

I am having some issues with the HRP B cell ELISpot kit (3825-2H), where I did not get any distinct spots forming in the final step.

I thought that since the Mabtech TMB it was not included in the kit, then any standard TMB would suffice? The two TMBs we have in our lab are the 1-Step TMB ELISA Substrate from ThermoFisher (Cat#34029) and the BD OptEIA TMB Substrate from BD (Cat#555214). What is the difference between these and the Mabtech ELISpot TMB?

Attached is a picture of my ELISpot plate after addition of the BD OptEIA TMB Substrate. Some of the wells turned blue indicating the presence of antibody but I could not see distinct spots even after 30 mins.

As our lab is based in New Zealand, it takes a long time to ship products from Mabtech so if there was an alternative it would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

PXL_20230425_004453681.MP.jpg

Dear Mason, welcome to the forum!

Normal ELISA TMB substrate will not work in ELISpot. In order to generate spots you need a precipitating TMB substrate.

Mabtech has such a substrate here:

https://www.mabtech.com/products/elispot-substrate-tmb-hrp-3651-10-0

I am unfortunately unaware of alternatives, but reach out to our distributor in Australia!

Guest Mason

Thanks.

I see on the step-by-step guide to ELISpot on your website that AEC can be used as an alternative to TMB. Is there anywhere you can recommend purchasing this from if it's not a Mabtech product?

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.