Shelf life of no pre-coated plates.

Guest Mathilde

Guest Mathilde

Hi,

I would like to ask what is the shelf life of manually coated plates. Do you have a protocol for 3-5 days of storage after coating and before reusing the plate and adding the PBMC?

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

Mathilde.

If you take Millipore ELISpot plates, etoh activate them according to our instructions and add capture antibody, then plates can left in the fridge (ie 8 degrees celcius) for 3-5 days before being used as long as you protect the plates from evaporation.  

When I have done this I have protected against evaporation using parafilm and simply covered the wells. Works well. 

Which model of ELISpot plate are you using? 

Guest Mathilde
1 hour ago, Christian@mabtech.com said:

If you take Millipore ELISpot plates, etoh activate them according to our instructions and add capture antibody, then plates can left in the fridge (ie 8 degrees celcius) for 3-5 days before being used as long as you protect the plates from evaporation.  

When I have done this I have protected against evaporation using parafilm and simply covered the wells. Works well. 

Which model of ELISpot plate are you using? 

Thank you for your answer. I'm using "PVDF membrane ELISpot plates (MSIP white)" from Millipore. The coating is made by an antibody for some positive control wells and by a viral antigen of interest for others.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.