Buffer solution used for making coating anti human IgG for B cells ELISpot

Guest Syabila

I would like to perform B Cells ELISpot using your product (Anti-human IgG mAbs (MT91/145), unconjugated. Would it be possible for you to explain how to prepare the coating buffer for making the coating solution? Is it okay to use the carbonate-bicarbonate buffer? It will be very helpful for us to the prepare the reagents. Thank you very much

Regards,
Syabila

Hi there

Just to make sure, do you mean PBS 1x? And I am also curious about what is the reason for using the PBS instead of carbonate bicarbonate buffer? Since we aware that PBS and carbonate-bicarbonate buffer have a very different pH where carbonate-bicarbonate buffer is more alkaline than PBS.

I also want to make sure, is the concentration of EtOH needed to activate the PVDF plate is following the protocol provided by the plate manufacture?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Yes I mean PBS 1x. 

Antibodies are happier in PBS. 

Yes, the etoh concentration needed for PVDF membrane activation is provided by Millipore. More and more people are switching to pre-coated ELISpot plates and this is my strong recommendation. Guarantees optimal results. ELISpot most often goes wrong due to incorrect coating effects.  

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.