How long can a coated plate last in the fridge?

Guest Emily

Guest Emily

Hi there, I have been successfully using the ELISpot Flex: Human IgE (HRP) kit for a few months and have had no issues with coating the plates myself. I watched a Mabtech webinar on Youtube and learned that a coated plate can last for some time in the fridge, even longer than overnight if necessary, so I've typically been coating my plates on the Friday before a Monday experiment where I would then block the plate and add my cells. I'll also wrap the plates in parafilm and/or aluminum foil to prevent evaporation and this has been working well for me!!

I'm wondering if there's a limit to how long a coated plate can last in the fridge? For example, would it be fine to use a coated plate that has been in the fridge for 2 weeks? For 1 month?

Thank you!!

Hi Emily!

Thank you for your question, and great to hear you're succeeding with your experiments!

You can keep the coated plate up to one week in the fridge, given that you have the antibody solution (i.e. the liquid) still in the plate and - just as you mentioned - wrap the plate in parafilm or aluminum foil. 

Kind regards,

Jens

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.